Our Approach to Teaching
Language Courses - Our Approach to Teaching
At Caledonian School we believe in a communicative and student-centred teaching approach which includes
- activities that stimulate purposeful and realistic communication
- materials and activities that motivate students
- pair work and group work to maximise the speaking opportunities for all students in the classroom
- a balanced focus between accuracy and fluency
- using the coursebook other suitable material according to the students' learning styles and needs
- appropriate feedback on student performance given by the teacher.
In classes that prepare students for international exams we also
- focus on the necessary strategies to pass the exam successfully and
- offer mock tests which simulate the Cambridge Exams.