The library offers its services mainly to Caledonian School students and teachers. It provides the following services: in-library and out-of-library loans of books and audio materials, renewal of loans, reservation of resources and photocopying.
Registration of users:
- On the first visit to the library, a library card will be issued. The library card is not transferable.
- Users are obliged to report loss of the library card and changes of personal information (name, address, etc).
- Users must sign the borrowing regulations sheet and thus confirm their familiarization with it.
- Users who are Caledonian School students can use the library for free, for the duration of their studies.
- Users who are not Caledonian School students will pay a yearly fee (see Price list) and can make in-library and out-of-library loans and use the library for the period of one year.
Privileges and obligations:
- It is prohibited to smoke, eat and drink on the library premises.
- Users should behave properly and they should not disturb other users.
- Users are not allowed to remove any resources from the library collection without checking them out first.
- In case of breaking the Library Rules, users may be denied their rights to use the library.
- Users are obliged to obey the Library Rules and follow any updates.
Loans and reservations of library entries:
- The loan period is fourteen days. The library reserves the right to shorten the loan period of selected resources.
- Users can borrow a maximum of three books and one periodical at the same time, but only one of the books can include an audio cassette.
- Books with accompanying audio cassette(s) can only be borrowed and returned together.
- The library reserves the right to limit the number of borrowed items of selected resources.
- The loan period can be extended for an additional fourteen days, if there is no reservation or waiting list for this resource. This can be done up to two times.
- If an out-of-library resource is not available, the user can make a reservation for it.
Returning of borrowed library entries (books, periodicals):
- Users are obliged to return a borrowed library entry in the same condition as it was borrowed. In the case of damage, the user is obliged to report any changes of the condition. Otherwise, the user is held responsible for any damages discovered later.
- If users fail to return the borrowed entries by the assigned date, they will be charged a late return fee.
- Users are obliged to pay compensation for losing or damaging any library entry, either by replacing it with the same item or by financial compensation.
- It is possible to copy materials from the library collection for personal use.
- You can find prices for this service in the Price list.
The Price list of library services (pdf, 12 kB) is an inseparable part of the Library Rules and is not negotiable.